If I were to use a Web 2.0 teaching tool in my physical education class it would most likely be a tool like Class Dojo. Even when I used this tool it would be rare because I plan on taking my class outside more than keeping them inside and outside it makes it a little more difficult to use technology like that. I have had some experience with Class Dojo in the past and it is a program I really like when you can get the hang of it. I think I would like this tool a little more when we are inside though because it seems kids get a little more rambunctious when they are stuck inside and full of energy. With Class Dojo I could have it at the minimum on my computer with the sound of my computer on my sound system and they would hear the sound effects knowing when something negative has been clicked and when something positive has been clicked. I could have it up on the projector screen but seeing who I am clicking could have a negative effect on that student and I would not want to do that. I could even use this program even when not near a computer. I could take note of certain behaviors happening with certain students and later document it so that I can keep track of certain behaviors and know whether a student is improving or not in behavior.
The Edsurge article gave some great examples of Web 2.0 tools that could be used by other educators that I have had experience with. If I were wanting to teach any other subject I would definitely use other tools like Nearpod and GlogsterEDU. I really like the concept of Nearpod where each student can see what the teacher is projecting on their own device and throughout the presentation the students are able to participate without having to verbally say anything and in some sense has anonymity. This is a great tool that I would utilize if I could in my classroom and have even recommended to teacher friends of mine. GlogsterEDU is something I actually used in high school years ago and thoroughly enjoyed. GlogsterEDU is this interactive poster that you can place text in, videos, pictures, audio clips and so much more. I love how you can personalize itand put so much creativity into it. And I love that it appears it has become more user friendly since I used it eight years ago. PollEverywhere is another one of those great tools that would be great to use in a classroom. Giving your students a chance to voice their opinion with things like polls are great. I feel anyway to get your students involved is great and being able to bring an interest of theirs like technology is great as long as it is in moderation and effective.
Comments
Post a Comment