I feel that my skills with technology are as adequate for a person who has worked in a very little. If I were to need to create a document of some sort, put a presentation together or put a spreadsheet of some sort together I could do it. For the small amount of time I did work within a school I never actually got to work with the software they used for grades and attendance, but I did work with the many devices they did have. When I worked in the school I helped teach a journalism class so I worked with a lot of technology like editing videos on Macs, videoing with nice cameras and microphones along with doing actual presentations with the computer, projector and Elmo document camera.
There's obviously always room to improve though and new things to learn. I would try and keep up with new technology and new skills to learn by taking advantage of any workshops or opportunities that my school would provide me to learn new skills and to try out new technology that would be good for my classes.
As a future physical educator, I’ve always said I want to keep as much technology out of my class as possible because I feel our kids are sucked in by technology and not being active. Which I know from observation as a personal trainer who watches teenagers every day at work sitting on a simple piece of equipment doing the wrong thing because they are too busy looking at their phone than to notice that equipment is for your arms and shoulders and that foot pedal you keep pushing is to help you move the bar to where you can get it. I would like to keep technology that would help me in class if it’s something like a sound system so we can have Friday fun days of dancing in the gym or maybe an iPad and TV that show my students how to do a specific exercise done correctly with examples other than me.
As a future physical educator, I’ve always said I want to keep as much technology out of my class as possible because I feel our kids are sucked in by technology and not being active. Which I know from observation as a personal trainer who watches teenagers every day at work sitting on a simple piece of equipment doing the wrong thing because they are too busy looking at their phone than to notice that equipment is for your arms and shoulders and that foot pedal you keep pushing is to help you move the bar to where you can get it. I would like to keep technology that would help me in class if it’s something like a sound system so we can have Friday fun days of dancing in the gym or maybe an iPad and TV that show my students how to do a specific exercise done correctly with examples other than me.
I like to always play with technology. As much as I love to move and be active I enjoy playing with and trying out new gadgets and figuring out how I can make it work for my interests and needs. I’m always willing to try and learn new technology so I’d always be open to trying something new and whatever my school throws at me.
Comments
Post a Comment